What do we offer?
- OCR NVQ Team Leading Level 2
- OCR Diploma in Management & Leadership NVQ Level 3, 5 and 7
- Bespoke Management courses available by arrangement:
- Skills for working 1:1 with staff e.g. for supervision and appraisal
- Coaching underperforming staff
- Effective communication within teams
- Introduction to staff supervision/team leading for new appointees
– Team Leading
A team leader is someone who provides guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a group of other individuals (the team) for the purpose of achieving prescribed goals, objectives or targets. The team leader reports to a project/operational manager (usually overseeing several teams).
– Operational Management
Operations management is one of the central functions of all organisations and refers to the administration of business practices to create the highest level of efficiency possible within an organisation. An operations manager focuses on carefully managing the processes to produce and distribute products and services. Therefore, operations management often includes substantial measurement and analysis of internal processes and reviewing progress against strategic objectives.
– Strategic Management
Strategic management involves the formulation and implementation of the major goals and initiatives for a company or organisation, based on consideration of resources and an assessment of the internal and external environments in which the organisation operates. The key function of a strategic manager is strategic planning, an activity that requires decisions and actions to shape and guide what an organisation is, who it serves, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future. Effective strategic planning articulates not only where an organisation is going and the actions needed to make progress, but also how it will know if it is successful.
What are the aims of the programme?
On completion of the programme you should:
- Have developed your understanding of management and leadership
- Recognise and have developed your skills and competence in management and leadership
This will give you the opportunity to:
Achieve a nationally recognised qualification valued by employers
- Prepare for employment or further progression in a management and leadership role
- Develop skills and competence in the workplace
- Continue your professional development.
What aspects of management will be covered?
Within the programme there are mandatory units to be covered which ensure
- Manage personal development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and develop professional networks
- Manage knowledge within a team and communicate information
- Manage conflict in a team, discipline and grievance
- Lead and manage meetings
- Contribute to the development of a strategic plan, develop and implement an operational plan
- Plan and delegate responsibilities, and monitor work of a team
- Manage health and safety of activities, individuals and the public
- Manage strategic change and design new business processes
- Optimize the use of technology
- Recruitment, selection and development of staff
- Identify resource requirements and manage effectively
Employer support or work placement support
To complete this programme you are required to be working in a management or leadership role or be preparing to progress into such a role in the near future; therefore, to undertake this qualification you require the support of your line manager. This is essential, so that you can produce the evidence, undertake professional discussion and answer questions on your role, and complete the assessments.
You should have the agreement of your line manager/employer before embarking on this programme.
How do I know what level to achieve?
- If you are primarily involved in providing supervisory or team leadership, NVQ level 2/3 qualification is recommended.
- Team leader roles undertaking responsibility for developing projects, services and programmes, which require a higher level of knowledge and skills, NVQ level 3 qualification, or equivalent, is recommended.
- In some situations an NVQ level 5 may be recommended, as this will further develop appreciation and understanding of management techniques required to be effective in these responsibilities and will also provide for future progression to operational and strategic management.
- In an operational/strategic management role then an NVQ level 5 qualification is generally a requirement and will consolidate understanding of the techniques and skills that make managers more effective, and enhance your skills in areas such a change management, strategic planning, financial management, business and staff development.
- A level 5 qualification will ultimately prepare you for a more strategic role e.g. as a director, leader of an organisation or in large scale business development for which a NVQ level 7, or equivalent is usually required. There are no formal entry requirements or any specific prior learning, therefore,
When you register with us:
- We will discuss with you the requirements of the qualification to ensure you can achieve
- We will discuss which level is most appropriate to your job role or goals for the future