What is the Moving Forward Project?
Hartlepool Adult Education is part of a national research project enabling adults aged 19+ experiencing mild to moderate mental health issues to take a FREE community learning course. Courses are taught in small friendly groups in welcoming venues.
If you are struggling with anxiety, stress, sleep problems, or prolonged low mood; taking part in a learning programme can help you relax and release tension, improve confidence and raise your self-esteem. It is also a great way to help meet new people and learn something new.
All courses are FREE for those aged 19+ with mild to moderate mental health issues such as stress, anxiety, depression.
Learners taking part in Hartlepool Moving Forward project can expect:
- 1:1 support and advice from our friendly and helpful Learning Mentors to choose your course and help decide your learning goals.
- A FREE community learning course within a supportive, friendly environment.
- The opportunity to learn new or develop existing skills.
- Ongoing advice and support from your
- Learning Mentor to help make the most of your new skills.
- Access to FREE monthly sessions to learn additional skills and to support your mental wellbeing.
- Additional learning support such as access to childcare if needed.
To find out more about whether you would be eligible, please contact us to arrange a friendly chat