You can enrol onto our courses by the following methods…
You will be asked to quote debit/credit card details.
Visit us at the Adult Education Office
6-8 Tower Street
9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday
9.00 am to 4.00 pm Friday
via our Online Enrolment System
Course Fee Information
Will I qualify for reduced fees?
100% fee remission will be given to learners on Skills courses in the following categories at the time they enrol, provided that they show documentary evidence at the time of enrolling:-
1. Aged 19 – 23 Unemployed and on any state benefit wishing to study a programme up to and including Level 2
2. Aged 24+ Unemployed and on any state benefit wishing to study a programme up to and including Level 2
3. Aged 19-23 studying for an Entry or Level 1 qualification who do not have a full Level 2
4. Aged 19-23 studying for a first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification
5. Aged 16-18 at the start of the academic year (for some courses, please enquire at the office)
6. Anyone aged 19+ enrolling on an English or Maths course (including GCSE if you do not already have a grade A-C)
Remitted fees (£10 for Skills courses, £15 for Community Learning courses) will be charged to any learners in the following categories:
7. Unemployed and on any state benefits and who wish to study on a Community Learning course
8. Unwaged spouse/partner of those eligible for no fee or remitted fee (if 19+ only for courses up to and including Level 2)
How to Claim?
If you are claiming remitted fees you must supply written evidence to confirm your status.
Refunds are not normally given unless Hartlepool Adult Education Service has closed the class due to circumstances such as low class numbers and a suitable alternative is not available. Any learner wishing to withdraw from a course and requesting a refund must submit a written request. Each refund request will be considered on an individual basis
19+ Advanced Learning Loan
If you are aged 19 or over and you’re planning to study at Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. Please ask for details or visit www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan for more information.