Welcome to the Hartlepool Adult Education Website
You can access a wide range of courses across Hartlepool that will help enhance your personal, social and employability skills.
We are based in Victoria Buildings in Tower Street and work closely with the local community, partner organisations and businesses to deliver high quality learning opportunities.
Hartlepool Adult Education has a team of passionate and dedicated staff and volunteers who are here to assist you to achieve your learning and/or career goals. We offer much more than courses such as an impartial Careers Service, Volunteer Hartlepool Brokerage Service, Pastoral Support Team, Health & Wellbeing activities and inspiring employment focused initiatives.
Transforming Learning, Transforming Lives
Meeting the needs of the Community and Businesses
Why Choose Us?
Hartlepool Adult Education is a leading education and training provider offering learning solutions for learners, the community, employers and partners. Our ambition is to move towards becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider and we think that you should choose us because:
- We are a good provider (Grade 2) as recognised by Ofsted in November 2017
- We provide Outstanding Outcomes for Community Learning and High Needs Learning
- We are the only Adult Education in the Country to have been awarded the highly prestigious Investors in People (Silver Award), Investors in Volunteers and Investors in Careers
- We are accredited by Matrix; the Quality Standard for providing expert Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), to support you throughout your learning journey
- 99% of Community Learners achieved their course in 2016/17
- Adult Skills achievement rates have increased for the third consecutive year and are now the highest in the service’s history
- Timely Apprenticeship achievement rates are 9.7% above national timely benchmarks
- We have outstanding results in courses such as GCSE Spanish and English Speakers of Other Languages
- 99% of learners said that their individual needs had been met
- 96% of learners would recommend us to friends or family members as rated by the ESFA independent Learner Satisfaction Survey 2016/17
- We have dedicated, committed and outstanding tutors, staff and volunteers who are determined to meet the needs of all learners
- We offer a wide range of high-quality provision and bespoke courses in key growth sector areas including Health and Social Care, Construction and Engineering
- We can deliver bespoke courses in all sectoral areas in consultation with employers, offered by friendly, knowledgeable and skilled staff
- We can offer Distance / Flexible Learning options to suit your lifestyle
- The majority of our learners progress into volunteering, further education and/or employment